Heads Up Decoy

Heads Up Decoy
Click on Heads Up Decoy Logo above to view website

Sunday, November 1, 2009

'09 Kansas Antelope Hunt

Well, the early season Kansas September archery pronghorn hunt is a 9 day frenzy of chasing one antelope buck after another hoping to find a buck in the right frame of mind to charge the Heads Up Decoy to within bow range. For me, it's 40 yards...maybe 50 with the right conditions. I went this year with less than ideal physical condition and I sure felt it after the first day.

Running, crawling, squat-running, and belly crawling seemed to do me in. Did I mention that it rained every day at least once? Our equipment, clothing, and decoys were caked with mud, but I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

The weather was unusually wet and cool leading up to and during our 3-day mission to lure in a Kansas pronghorn. 3 days was all I could muster this year with the new baby here. As it was with many we talked to, the bucks were not exactly interested in chasing off any intruders, but Kent and I hunted hard with encounters we would not have otherwise had without the use of the Heads Up Decoy.

The new products we tested make me excited for the 2010 year. They will enhance my line of decoys and may make the antelope Heads Up Decoy the most popular pronghorn decoy on the market.

I look forward to showing you all some footage of our hunt...but you'll have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment