Heads Up Decoy

Heads Up Decoy
Click on Heads Up Decoy Logo above to view website

Monday, February 6, 2012

What's in a Logo.

Looking back over the last 5 or 6 years Heads Up Decoy has been around, we've come a long way. What has started as a concept has evolved into something much bigger and has exceeded my expectations with versatility and effectiveness. If you have been following Heads Up Decoy, you have witnessed this first hand. But for those that are just seeing us for the first time, what we started with is a concept that has evolved into a system that is the most exciting decoy ever designed.

When I first started the business, my daughter Jessica designed the first logo. Jessica was recently accepted into the University of Kansas Medical School. In many ways, Jessica has been a source of motivation and inspiration for me. This is a kid who epitomizes hard work, perseverance, faith, intelligence, and a thirst to live life like you're supposed too. I am fortunate to have 2 daughters who aren't my own...be my very own. Life and circumstances are very interesting indeed.

When the notion to change the logo came up...I really never thought about changing it...there was some emotional attachment. There is some meaning and reasoning behind the logo as it stands and what it has become. I am a whitetail hunter through and through. That will never change. But, Heads Up Decoy is what it is today because I developed an elk decoy I thought every elk hunter should own. It has since been accompanied by several other designs...including my beloved whitetail.

It's been a long time coming, in some ways pain staking, but I believe I have a new logo which will accompany Heads Up Decoy into the next level and phases of the company. I felt it was important to include similar characteristics as the original and to include an elk since the elk got me into this mess :). The elk is not to alienate anyone...it's just where Heads Up Decoy started and I think an important piece to remember where it all started. I am very happy to introduce the new Heads Up Decoy logo.




Thanks to all of our supporters...my beautiful wife and family most importantly...over the passed several years who have helped Heads Up Decoy get to where we are today and where we will be in the future.

Garrett Roe

2 comments:

  1. It looks Great!! Love it!

    Darin Leap
    Host
    Mid America Outdoors Report

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two thumbs up G! Keep on truckin!

    Mike M.

    ReplyDelete